Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Beginning: Beau's Perspective

We (myself, Beau and my wife, Anissa) decided to start this blog because we keep hearing two words over and over again: recipe, please. My wife has become quite the baker over the last few years. She liked it so much that she decided to take it on as a full-time career. And it's certainly a far cry from what she went to school for.
We met in 2006. I remember it like it was yesterday. We went to PF Changs in Lansing, Michigan. I got cashew chicken and she got tipsy. We were both so nervous that we didn’t say much at dinner. After an hour of almost sheer silence, we decided to go see a movie. We ended up going to see "Date Movie". It was positively painful. That was the last time in our relationship I was ever allowed to pick a movie. Definitely a wise decision on the part of my better half. The relationship progressed and we decided to take it to the next level. I made it official on my birthday.

About a year and a half and zero movies picked by me, we decided to move to Atlanta, Georgia. After a very memorable and hilarious proposal acceptance, we started planning a wedding and started our new lives together. She took on a job at a cookie bakery. It was a little rough at first, but a good experience for both of us. I still work at the body shop that brought us down to Georgia. She put in a couple of years at the cookie shop and then moved on to the cupcake shop.

I saw how happy she was all the time.

I asked, "How do you do it? How do you stay so happy all the time?"

She replied, "I just bake. When I'm stressed, I bake. When I'm homesick, I bake. When I'm pissed off, I bake. I love to bake."

That was it. I took the hint and started cooking. I hadn't been in the kitchen much since I was a kid. I burned some stuff, trashed some equipment (and the entire kitchen), and definitely ruined quite a few meals. It helped me relax. And like my wife, it made me happy.

So here we are today. We finally decided to put this out there.

1 comment: